International Women’s DJ
#InternationalWomensDJ #IWDJ2021 #InternationalWomxnsDJ
March 2 to 8, 2021
International Women’s DJ (IWDJ) is a week-long online event dedicated to showcasing
and broadcasting internationally known Womxn DJs via participating Local/Online radio from March 2 to 8, 2021, in honour of International Women’s Day (March 8th).
And for the first time, we will be having a Closing Conference, presented by CJLO 1690 AM and FLAT COLA, with special guests womxn DJs on panel. Free event, open to all, Monday, March 8th, 2021.
● spotlight headlining womxn DJs from around the world in one event
● celebrate International Women’s Day through intercultural exchange
● exchange with like-minded people & organizations
● build network
● support and showcase womxn DJs endeavours
● unite individuals experiences and resources in a safe space
● valorize a womxn DJ line-up
● invest in womxn DJs
● encourage long-lasting professional relationships between participants
In honour of International Women’s Day (March 8th), we have curated a special event
featuring mixes from internationally known Womxn DJs from around the world, to be
broadcast on participating Local/Online radio (visit each radio for broadcasting time
specifics), throughout the week of March 2nd to 8th, 2021.
House, global beats, tropical, funk, hip hop, jazz, soul, and so much more, each DJ will
produce a 1hour specially-curated mix showcasing their musical expression.
Participating Womxn DJs:
- Bjoyce (Las Vegas/Havana)
- Caroll (Lille, France)
- DJ Carie (Brussels, Belgium)
- Fatoosan (Brussels, Belgium)
- Hits Wonders (Mexico City/Mexico)
- House of Pris (Miami/Brazil)
- Jua Kali (Italy)
- Ladies on Records (Poland/Turkey)
- Mãe Dela (Lisboa, Portugal)
- Mari* (London/Tokyo)
- Mari Boaventura (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Rosetta D33P (South Africa)
- Sabine Blaizin (NY/Haiti)
- Sugarface Belfo (Montréal/Canada)
- Yas Queen Selectress (NY/Cairo)
Our goal is to exchange with Local/Online Radio with the hopes of expanding “International Women’s DJ” listenership, increase womxn DJ exposure, exchange with like-minded organizations, and build a larger networking community for us all.Participating Local/Online Radio:
- Abusia Radio www.abusiaradio.com
- CJLO 1690AM (Montréal, Canada) www.cjlo.com
- East Side Radio (Lisboa, Portugal) https://eastsideradio.live
- Jolt Radio (Miami, USA) www.joltradio.org
- Radio Flouka (Paris, France) www.radioflouka.com
- Radio Meuh (the French Alps, France) www.radiomeuh.com
- Radio Paax (Mexico City, Mexico) www.radiopaax.com
CJLO 1690AM - Flat Cola - Wicked Girls - 900 Grados - Abusia Radio - East Side Radio - Jolt Radio - Radio Flouka - Radio Meuh - Radio Paax
Support the movement by getting your own t-shirt and hoodie and part of the proceeds will be donated to the DJs who have been affected by the global pandemic.
Sold exclusively at Rhythm & Merch.